11 January 2012

Make most of your meal

 
I don't dine out often. Partly because I can't afford it, and partly because I get too excited, feel adventurous and tend to order something that turns out to be quite disgusting. Having said that, on those occasions when I get it right, I enjoy eating out thoroughly. And to help me decide which fine establishments I will grace with my presence I use SRA (The Sustainable Restaurants Association) website. Member restaurants can be rated between one and three stars. 'To get rated restaurants are examined in 14 key focus areas and provide detailed evidence to support their answers across three main sustainability categories - Sourcing, Environmental and Society.' (www.thesra.org) In other words - they are good and deserve to be rewarded for their efforts with your custom.
 
SRA's latest initiative - Too Good To Waste tackles a restaurant food waste problem. I am never shy about asking for a doggy bag for my leftovers but now I will get them in a stylish, 100% biodegradable box. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment